MEB Key Risk Metrics as of 20 March 2021
Effective risk management is an integral part of MEB’s business model and a key factor behind the bank’s long-term success. MEB has established a comprehensive risk management framework of policies and procedures to identify, measure, monitor and ultimately control the risks within the bank. The Risk Management Department organizes, coordinates and supervises this framework aiming to:
- Deliver sustainable long-term growth for the Bank, based on a prudent, consistent and efficient risk management framework coupled with sound business practices.
- Continuously improve the risk discovery capabilities and risk mitigation mechanisms within the Bank.
Throughout the financial year under review, the Bank continued its corporate banking business strategy, focusing on providing working capital financing and other investment solutions to corporate clients and high net-worth individuals. MEB’s robust corporate governance, combined with a prudent lending criteria, low operating expenses and a highly skilled workforce ensured the Bank retained its position as one of Iran’s most profitable banks for the financial year ending 20 March 2019.
1. See note 48-3-7-2 of the Financial Statements
2. See Pillar 3 Regulatory Capital Disclosure
3. See note 48-4-5-2 of the Financial Statements
4. See Pillar 3 Liquidity Coverage Ratio (LCR) Disclosure