Dynamic password, also known as one-time password (OTP) or Dynamic PIN2, is a security mechanism, designed to reduce static password-related fraud and abuse when using e-banking applications. To that end, for certain banking operations, instead of using a static password, a temporary one-time password is generated and delivered to you either through text message (SMS) or an application (MEB OTP) which can be applied within 120 seconds to carry out the banking operation.
Different types of MEB dynamic passwords
Middle East Bank offers three types of dynamic password/PINs:
1) Dynamic PIN as the card second PIN (for e-payments such as internet shopping, bill payments, Card-to-Card transfer and etc.)
2) Dynamic PIN, as transacation passwrod, for internet banking transactions (all transaction done by Middle East Bank)
3) Dynamic passcode for logging into Internet Banking
• Dynamic PIN for internet banking transactions and dynamic card second PIN can be generated via MEB OTP mobile app.
To install and activate MEB OTP mobile app
1) Download and install iOS or Android version of MEB OTP app using the links below
2) Obtain the application registration PIN by visiting a branch or through Internet Banking and log in
3) Activate the app using the code sent to you via text message
4) Choose a password for the app
Dynamic PIN as the card second PIN (PIN2)
This PIN is used for all card-not-present transactions, such as utility bills payment, online shopping and card-to-card transfer via Mobile Banking or Internet Banking. Dynamic second PIN is required to perform card-not-present transactions.
• Please note that the static second PIN can only be used to make transactions to a maximum of 1,000,000 Rials per day.
Dynamic PIN2 is available in two ways:
1) Via MEB OTP application After activation, the app works everywhere around the world using the Internet.
2) Via text message (SMS) the dynamic PIN2 can be obtained through text message, for online shopping or payments.
To get the PIN2 via text message, you may visit a branch or MEB ATM or use Internet Banking, to designate the mobile phone number on which you would like to receive the PIN2. (Due to text message restrictions, it is only available in Iran.)
Receiving dynamic PIN as the card second PIN via MEB OTP app
1) Log into MEB OTP application
2) Go to “Card PIN2" tab
3) Activate the desired card or cards
4) Press “Get OTP” button below the desired card
5) Enter the PIN into the associated portal
Dynamic PIN for Internet Banking transactions
• This PIN is required to make or approve/reject Internet Banking or Mobile Banking transactions that exceeds the default amount (200 million Rials for individuals and 500 million Rials for legal entities)
• To receive dynamic PIN for Internet Banking or Mobile Banking transactions you need to visit a branch at first and define whether you would like to receive the PIN by text messages(SMS) or mobile app(MEB OTP).
• You may request to make dynamic PINS mandatory for all your transactions in Internet banking regardless to the amount by visiting an MEB branch.
The PIN can be obtained in two ways:
1) Via MEB OTP application After activation, the app works everywhere around the world andtransaction PINs can be generated using the Internet.
2) Via text messaging (Due to text message restrictions, it is only available in Iran.)
Receiving dynamic PIN for Internet Banking transactions:
1- log into the MEB OTP application
2- Go to “IB Transaction PIN” tab
3- Press “activating IB Dynamic Transaction Pin” button if your using the app for the first time.
4- Enter the seed number displayed in Internet Banking and press “generate Password”
5- Use the generated PIN in Internet Banking to carry out the transaction.
Dynamic passcode for logging into Internet Banking
This passcode is a part of two-factor authentication mechanism for logging into Internet Banking which is only available via text message (SMS), Due to text message restrictions, it is only available in Iran.
1) You can request to receive Internet Banking login one-time passcodes by visiting an MEB branch and filling in the application form.
2) A one-time passcode will be sent to your phone number every time you log into Internet Banking account using your username and password.
• Internet connection is required to activate MEB OTP mobile app and Downloading the iOS version is only possible inside Iran.